The precautionary boil water notice for Northwest Harris County Municipal Utility District No. 6 has been rescinded. The City of Houston has deemed the water safe for consumption following required testing and sampling procedures set forth by TCEQ.
Dear Cutten Green Residents –
Our sewer processing plant is experiencing problems with toiletries labeled as “FLUSHABLE.” These products include moist/wet wipes and feminine hygiene items.
After these items are flushed, they cause problems at various points on their way to the sewer processing plant by clogging lift pumps and can also trigger costly sewer backups.
In addition to affecting the District’s main sewer system, disposing of cooking grease in the kitchen drain causes eventual build-up or blockage within the homeowner’s sewer system.
We thank everyone for their cooperation.
Northwest Harris County MUD #6 Board of Directors
The event, hosted by Texas Pride Disposal, was held on October 12, 2019 and was another huge success.
A total of 2,723 pounds of E-Waste was collected curbside for recycling and saved from a wasted burial in a landfill! This was an increase of 283 pounds over last year’s amount.
Based on the volume of resident traffic seen around the Community Center’s parking lot, the document shredding event was well received. Shred-It’s waste bin required emptying 24 times.
Thanks to Texas Pride Disposal for their sponsorship and ‘BRAVO’ to all Cutten Green residents who took the opportunity to participate.
If any comments or questions regarding this event, feel free to contact Dennis Jasek (MUD #6 Board Member) at 713/725-9691.
To the residents of Cutten Green, Texas Pride Disposal is excited to host your annual e-waste and shred event! See event details below:
When: Saturday, October 12th from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm
Where: Shredding – Cutten Green pool at the corner of Seegers Trail & Canyon Trail E-Waste – Will be collected curbside
- Shredding – All paper documents, including staples, paper clips, and file folders.
- E-Waste – The following items can be collected for e-waste recycling:
- Computer monitors
- CRT Monitors
- Routers, Modems, Switches
- Keyboards & Mice
- Hard Drives
- Processor Chips
- Battery Backups
- TV’s (CRT, LCD, Plasma)
- Gaming Systems (Nintendo, etc.)
- Circuit Boards
- Laptop & Desktop Computers
- Servers and Racks
- Printers, Scanners, & Fax Machines
- Wires & Cables
- Memory Chips & RAM
- Cell Phones
- Power Supplies
- Printer Cartridges (new and used)
- Cable Boxes
- Ferrous & Non-Ferrous Metals
- Electronic Components
- Shredding – Bring all documents to be shredded right before you at the Cutten Green pool.
- E-Waste – Have E-Waste curbside by 9:00 am. For small items such as mice, wires, cell phones, etc., please place in a plastic trash bag or paper bag and adhere a sign on it saying ‘E-WASTE RECYCLE.’
Why: Shredded items will be recycled by our partners at Shred-it. E-Waste items collected curbside will be delivered to CompuCycle and properly recycled.
If any questions about this event, feel free to contact Dennis Jasek (MUD #6 Board Member) at (713) 725-9691.