The event, hosted by Texas Pride Disposal, was held on October 12, 2019 and was another huge success.
A total of 2,723 pounds of E-Waste was collected curbside for recycling and saved from a wasted burial in a landfill! This was an increase of 283 pounds over last year’s amount.
Based on the volume of resident traffic seen around the Community Center’s parking lot, the document shredding event was well received. Shred-It’s waste bin required emptying 24 times.
Thanks to Texas Pride Disposal for their sponsorship and ‘BRAVO’ to all Cutten Green residents who took the opportunity to participate.
If any comments or questions regarding this event, feel free to contact Dennis Jasek (MUD #6 Board Member) at 713/725-9691.
To the residents of Cutten Green, Texas Pride Disposal is excited to host your annual e-waste and shred event! See event details below:
When: Saturday, October 12th from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm
Where: Shredding – Cutten Green pool at the corner of Seegers Trail & Canyon Trail E-Waste – Will be collected curbside
- Shredding – All paper documents, including staples, paper clips, and file folders.
- E-Waste – The following items can be collected for e-waste recycling:
- Computer monitors
- CRT Monitors
- Routers, Modems, Switches
- Keyboards & Mice
- Hard Drives
- Processor Chips
- Battery Backups
- TV’s (CRT, LCD, Plasma)
- Gaming Systems (Nintendo, etc.)
- Circuit Boards
- Laptop & Desktop Computers
- Servers and Racks
- Printers, Scanners, & Fax Machines
- Wires & Cables
- Memory Chips & RAM
- Cell Phones
- Power Supplies
- Printer Cartridges (new and used)
- Cable Boxes
- Ferrous & Non-Ferrous Metals
- Electronic Components
- Shredding – Bring all documents to be shredded right before you at the Cutten Green pool.
- E-Waste – Have E-Waste curbside by 9:00 am. For small items such as mice, wires, cell phones, etc., please place in a plastic trash bag or paper bag and adhere a sign on it saying ‘E-WASTE RECYCLE.’
Why: Shredded items will be recycled by our partners at Shred-it. E-Waste items collected curbside will be delivered to CompuCycle and properly recycled.
If any questions about this event, feel free to contact Dennis Jasek (MUD #6 Board Member) at (713) 725-9691.