North Harris County Regional Water Authority (NHCRWA), which provides water for Northwest Harris County (NWHC) MUD 6, is notifying the districts they serve to change their Drought Contingency Plan from Stage 2 to Stage 1 (Voluntary). This will go into effect on October 10, 2023, and continue until notice is provided that the implementation has been lifted or modified.
The Stage 1 goal is a 5% reduction in all water use, and is Voluntary. Additional measures may be imposed, if a water shortage continues.
Please Conserve Daily Water Usage Under The Following Guidelines
- Repair detectible water leaks within 72 hours of discovery.
- Utilize water conservation measures such as displacement bags, low flow shower heads, and leak detection tablets.
- Outdoor irrigation is limited to the hours between 7:00 p.m. and 5:00 a.m., no more than two (2) days per week in conformity with the following schedule:
- No watering on Mondays.
- Sundays and Thursdays for single-family residential customers with even numbered street address.
- Saturdays and Wednesdays for single-family residential customers with odd numbered street addresses.
- Tuesdays and Fridays for all other customers
Thank you for your compliance with the recent mandatory water rationing.