North Harris County Regional Water Authority (NHCRWA), which provides water for Northwest Harris County (NWHC) MUD 6, is requiring the districts they serve to implement Stage 2 of their Drought Contingency Plan. This will go into effect on August 27, 2023, and continue until notice is provided that the implementation has been lifted or modified.
The Stage 2 goal is a 10% reduction in all water use, and is MANDATORY. Additional measures may be imposed, if a water shortage continues.
Please Conserve Daily Water Usage Under The Following Guidelines
- Repair detectible water leaks within 72 hours of discovery.
- Utilize water conservation measures such as displacement bags, low flow shower heads, and leak detection tablets.
- Outdoor irrigation is limited to the hours between 7:00 p.m. and 5:00 a.m., no more than two (2) days per week in conformity with the following schedule:
- No watering on Mondays.
- Sundays and Thursdays for single-family residential customers with even numbered street address.
- Saturdays and Wednesdays for single-family residential customers with odd numbered street addresses.
- Tuesdays and Fridays for all other customers
Failure to comply with these measures may result in written violations, termination of water service, and/or fines.